Physic Garden – Project Manager / Landscaper
Dec 19 – May 20
Freelance fee £8,000
Location – Nelson Lancashire
Expressions of interest should include a letter, outline of relevant experience/CV and reference contact details by email to email@example.com by Friday 13 December (deadline extended)
Idle Women the arts and social justice project are looking for a highly skilled, competent female project manager/landscaper to lead and deliver all aspects of the physic garden landscaping.
In 2018 Idle Women purchased canal side land with support from over 300 people in the community. This year have support from ITV’s Peoples Projects to transform the land into the UK’s 1st Physic Garden dedicated to women and girls. We are very happy to have Alys Fowler writer and horticulturalist on team who will be leading the design of the garden. There are also many local women who are involved in seeing the garden realised.
We are looking for a woman or a female team who can apply both practical and professional expertise to lead the transformation, a woman who feels excited by this and ideally a woman who loves working with other women.
To project manage, plan, oversee & deliver all aspects of the physic garden landscaping.
- To collaborate with the Physic Garden designer
- To directly liaise with the local authority, sub contractors & utilities
- To directly liaise with Rachel & Cis – Idle Women Caretakers
- To organise, lead & work with a team of local women & female sub contractors
- Manage the budget
- Schedule & deliver works
- Managing site to a high standard
- Manage site machinery
- Manage technical drawings
- Adherence to all Health & Safety regulations
- Source materials
- Recycle materials
- Manage waste
- Successful and demonstrable track record of delivered landscape/garden/construction projects
- Experience of installing terracing, fencing, paths, gates etc.
- Able to generate & work with technical drawings for example CAD
- Able to collaborate with a garden designer
- Based in the North West with own transport or willing to travel
- Excellent demonstrable communication skills
- Can demonstrate experience of working within a small team and working independently
- Successful track record of managing budgets
- Ability to manage site
- Competent with respective site machinery
- Track record of liaising with local authorities, utilities & sub contractors
- Health & Safety Qualified
- First Aid Qualified
- Insured with public liability
- Physically fit
- Able to work to high standards with attention to detail
- Able to schedule & work to deadlines
- Able to work in Winter conditions
- Able to minimise disruption to neighbours
- Able to operate a clean site policy
- Able to source materials locally
- Able to recycle existing materials
Idle Women is an equal opportunities employer.
The above post is for female candidates only and exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
All posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks.